As with many martial arts, there are many organisation that practice Krav Maga. We think it is a good thing as the message continues to spread and more lives are saved. We respect many of them, however we believe the IKMF is the GOLD standard as it was formed by Imi himself.
At the IKMF we teach to the principles of Krav Maga, the principles Imi based the system on. The guiding principle is to avert danger. We always assume the worst possible scenarios when training. A good example is you have been caught unaware by a surprise attack by multiple attackers. You have be able to act immediately: –
- Defend against the attack – stop further attacks
- Counter attack and control – neutralise the attacker
- Scan for other attackers and scene – know who next and exit routes
- More attacks and exit – don’t stay in a dangerous place
All this despite the rush of adrenaline. We also avoid going down to the ground at all costs. In a situation of multiple attackers, it can be fatal.
The IKMF Global Instructor Team (GIT) are arguably the best Krav Maga practitioners in the world, averaging 25 years of Krav Maga experience each. They teach and certify their instructors first hand – from the source. What makes them different, is the passion they have for Krav Maga. Even more so the desire to see their instructors and students become the best Krav Maga practitioners they can be. They do it by:
- Leading from the front – always striving to achieve excellence in their own abilities
- Sharing their knowledge and wisdom – effective communicators and great teachers
- Pushing the limits and beyond – tough drill instructors
- Caring for their student – truly compassionate human beings
They do this without compromising the high standards set by Imi. When it comes to saving lives, there are no compromises.